Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
Date of Last Revision: 23 May 2014.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Just Croydon. By using or accessing Just Croydon, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 14 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Just Croydon works.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Just Croydon to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Just Croydon. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Just Croydon (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Just Croydon, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Just Croydon, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Just Croydon safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Just Croydon safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on Just Croydon.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Just Croydon, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Just Croydon.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will follow our Offers Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicise or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“offer”) on Just Croydon.
10. You will not use Just Croydon to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Just Croydon, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Just Croydon functionality.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Just Croydon users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Just Croydon, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal profile primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Just Croydon Organisations Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use Just Croydon if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Just Croydon if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Just Croydon that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Just Croydon if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks except with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Just Croydon.
8. You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent. Just Croydon offers reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Just Croydon.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Just Croydon
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer an Organisation Page on Just Croydon, or run an offer from your Organisation Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
Your continued use of Just Croydon following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Just Croydon to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
1. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Just Croydon, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Just Croydon and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Just Croydon. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Just Croydon. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Just Croydon.
2. WE TRY TO KEEP JUST CROYDON UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING JUST CROYDON AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT JUST CROYDON WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT JUST CROYDON WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. JUST CROYDON IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
1. By "Just Croydon" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.yourcroydon.com and any other Just Croydon branded or co-branded websites or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Just Croydon or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Just Croydon.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on Just Croydon that would not be included in the definition of information.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Just Croydon or provide to Just Croydon through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on Just Croydon or otherwise make available by using Just Croydon.
7. By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into Just Croydon at least once in the previous 30 days.
1. This Statement is an agreement between you and Your. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean Just Croydon.
2. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Just Croydon, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Just Croydon.
You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of Just Croydon:
• Data Use Policy: The Data Use Policy contains information to help you understand how we collect and use information.
• Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of Just Croydon Pages.
• Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to Just Croydon and your activity on Just Croydon.